Are there any new phones without a volume warning?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't ask things about volume warning very much anymore, but yes it is annoying since it resets whenever you restart your phone. Are there any new phones with no volume warning at all or at least a way to disable the volume warning without having to root? I've been trying to use Smart Volume for a third time now, since it was checked after my phone restarted and the volume warning still showed up. I pressed ok for the volume warning and disabled and re-enabled Smart Volume again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, since with the warning you can't sue the manufacturer if you lose your hearing because you have the cvolume turned up too high. Without it they'd have to fight the case. (They'd win, but it would cost them a lot. With the warning, the case gets thrown out, and you're bringing a frivolous suit, so you have to pay their expenses.)

They're not about to deliberately leave themselves open to lawsuits. (And you WILL damage your hearing if you play sound through earphones that's too loud. It's not a theory, the mechanism by which your hearing gets damaged is well known.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo