Where is Find My Mobile.Samsung on Galaxy S5 on Sprint?

TheRussian07

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 - Sprint and cannot find my Samsung app for Find My Mobile. Where is it? I looked in Security and the remote control options do not appear - there is no menu.

Why would this option not be available in a new S5?!?!?!?!?

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I read on these forums that findmymobile doesnt work in the US. I have verizon btw and I can't get it to work on my phone.

For me it is under settings, security, remote controls

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
What I have on my 1 year old Note 3 is a line in Settings which only opens the mobile page that Golfdriver97 supplied above. There is no app, and I am in the UK so I think it is not supported, as scipper said, in more areas.

You should rely on the (I think more comprehensive and easier to use) Google's Android Device Manager.
There is a Device Manager app but it's really just a shortcut, you can also use the Play Store app by searching device manager.

If you have 2 Android devices you can try it out, or ideally via pc.

Google.com/android/devicemanager

It has to be still enabled in Settings - Security - Device Administrators.

If you forget a screen lock security pin/pattern you can override it by setting a new lock.
All you need is your Gmail address and login.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Note - Android Device Manager works through mobile data, it won't work (at least, not on any of my phones) on wifi if mobile data is turned off.

Also, if you're running Safestrap (not applicable to the S5, I know), it will only work if you're running in the stock slot. (It doesn't have to be the stock ROM, but it has to be running in the stock slot.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781