Droid Turbo has only 2 Home screens? Also no way to Select All in email?

miniwarehousing

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded from Droid Maxx to Turbo and not very happy so far. There are some cool features, but I lost my 5 home screens I had and now only have 2. Rendering any widget useless as it takes up too much valuable real estate. Also, the unread email message notification is absurd. I get 100 - 200 emails a day. I know I have unread emails. I can't select all to say I've read them to remove the notification. I also can't select all to delete them in my inbox.
I used to be able to select one, mark many at a time and then delete the selected ones.
I really feel like this phone took a step back in a couple important areas.
The volume button has no distinguishing characteristics between up and down, so I'm consistently searching the button for the up portion and down portion.

Anyone have any help for a remorseful Turbo user?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the Turbo has the Google Now Launcher, which works a little differently from the previous launcher. To create a new homescreen, place a new app shortcut or widget to the right of the rightmost homescreen--this will create a new homescreen. You can't create homescreens to the left of the primary one on the Google Now Launcher, because Google Now is there. If you remove all app shortcuts or widgets from a homescreen, that screen will disappear, and your total homescreen count will decrease by one.

One of the advantages of the Google Now Launcher is that there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of homescreens you can create. While testing it, I created 10 homescreens, and could still create more.

Which email app are you using? The stock Email app, or the Gmail app? On the Gmail app, if you tap the contact photo associated with the email, that activates the email selection process. You can then tap on multiple other emails the same way, then act on them all at once.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia