Why am I not able to get my phone into download mode (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1) SM-T520)?

Ghostrider 1982

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Download Mode - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1) SM-T520

All I can not get my tablet to boot into download mode following any instructions I have found online for it. They say to shutdown the device completely and press and hold Home/Vol Down/Power button until you see the Warning but when I press and hold those 3 buttons my tablet just keeps rebooting. If I let them go when I see the Samsung logo it just goes to Recovery Mode with the android laying down and saying no command. If I let go of power and hold the other 2 only the same thing happens. I am baffled at what seems to be any easy process yet it will not work on my tablet (I have enabled developer options and USB debugging as well, not sure if it matters). Any help would be appreciated

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Download Mode - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1) SM-T520

Welcome to the forums.

Having enabled those thing will not have had an adverse effect.
Getting into Recovery, and giving a command, can be a little tricky sometimes....certainly on my Nexus 5, which readily reboots instead. You have to press the relevant buttons in just the right way. Keep trying. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Ghostrider 1982

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Download Mode - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (10.1) SM-T520

I have been trying for hours in multiple ways, something isn't right...it seems like the home button doesn't make a difference at all.

Everything I've read says just Press and Hold Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons for 5-8 seconds and it will go to download mode....but it doesn't it just keeps rebooting....If I let the buttons go at logo I just get recovery mode.

Last edited: