Hi all,
    I own a Huawei honor 6 in India..been using the phone for a month now...
    Looking at stats online my battery backup seems to be good(not sure though)a newbie to android...i use my phone at 75% brightness all the time(manual)...have attached screenshots of my last charge...2g data was turned on only for 10 mins...rest of the time wifi was turned on(except for 6 hours)...browsed for around 4 hours(still maxthon's usage shows only 2 hours and 20 minutes)...certain websites drain fast when compared to others(eg:cnet,xdadevelopers and all)phone also gets warm when accessing these websites,seconds after i come out of those sites phone gets back to normal temp...is this normal? and also tell me how my battery back up looks..

about 4 hours of maxthon.
    rest two hours of screen on time was with 30 mins 1080 playback,mx player screen brightness at 5,play newstand for sometime..15 mins of games like temple run...yahoo news,appygeek and some installations...and 15 mins of calls...no messages,received some though...
    And if i play asphalt 8 for 40 mins i get 5h 45 mins screen on time...if i watch videos for 2 hours i get 7 hours screen time...and yes browing will get reduced to less than 3 hours if i do other stuffs..

Overall screen time:6 hours 2 mins.
    Total time:20 h.
    remainig battery:8%
    12-22-2014 02:43 AM
    Welcome to AC.

A screen-on time of over 6h at 75% brightness is almost unbelievably good. But it's definitely not a good idea to allow your battery to drain so much before recharging it. Try to charge it before it drains lower than 40% if you want the battery to last more than a few months.

Yes, it's normal for some phone usage to use more battery charge and CPU, the latter producing heat when working hard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Aravind BSK likes this.
    12-22-2014 06:19 AM
    sure...will do...good to know that...i will easily be left with 40%-30% at the end of every day with normal usage...did not know that will make a difference...
    belodion likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:00 PM
    Yes. There doesn't seem to be an Android Central Ambassador Guide on the best way to care for batteries, but our resident experts recommend recharging at no lower than about 40%, and charging to 100%, and I believe them.
    Habitually allowing the battery to discharge to a few percent eventually damages it.

In fact I've just noticed that Rukbat, one of those resident experts, talks about batteries here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...er-advice.html

Aravind BSK likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply...
    belodion likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:18 PM
    The reason I've never created a battery guide is that the best one is written by Cadex, and you can find the page on keeping lithium batteries lasting longer at Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries. If you look at the left of the page you'll see that it's a whole course on batteries, not just lithiums, if you're interested in spending an hour or so becoming educated about them. If you check the second chart in the link, you'll see that 50% is about the optimum charge point, but 40%-60% shouldn't make that much difference. Draining it to 8% all the time makes a DRASTIC difference.

As far as the original question, the battery will heat up if you draw more power. If a web site uses tons of Javascript (some do - some need to, others are just written by people who don't know any better), the browser is working very hard, drawing a lot of current from the battery, warming it up.
    belodion likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the link and the info too...
    12-22-2014 07:03 PM
    Just load on phone.
    12-22-2014 07:46 PM
    Sorry...what to load?
    12-24-2014 05:46 PM
    I think he meant that it's due to the load on the phone - the amount that the phone is being asked to do. That's the VERY condensed version of what I said.
    12-25-2014 12:12 AM
    Oh got it thanks...

12-29-2014 09:58 PM
    Guys I had an auto restart on the phone...happened when I made a call...I recently tried lot of dialers...happened when using truedialer...never happened before in more than a month of using the phone...what could be the reason...should i care to reach Huawei?...removed truedialer and using the default dialer now...

01-01-2015 07:12 AM