Why can't I see notifications on my icon?

Bindu Nk

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
why i cant see notifications on my icon?

i got LG G3 yesterday. i have installed whats app and facebook. when a msg comes the app icon has to show the number. but i cant see dat to any app in my phone. i tried to do some changes in notofications but i cant see anything regarding dat.

anyone help me please

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why i cant see notifications on my icon?

i got LG G3 yesterday. i have installed whats app and facebook. when a msg comes the app icon has to show the number. but i cant see dat to any app in my phone. i tried to do some changes in notofications but i cant see anything regarding dat.

anyone help me please

It seems like you are referring to a widget for messages that alerts you to the number of unread messages. That's not available for all apps or services. You can check the Play Store for widgets showing the number of unread or received messages.

lbarrell

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Think this is the same issue I have, I get a notification from Facebook in the top drag down menu but the Icon dose not show any numbers IE If I have 2 notifications I should see a number 2. I am using NEW LG G3 and it was updated to android lollipop straight out of the box!!

Here's a screen capture:
Facebook Icon.jpg

PoohEAM

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

I have that exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S5! It doesn't work on any of my icon thingys. Not even on my text or phone icons. It used to do it & work just fine. I see on here that many people are having these same problems on all types of phones but really no answers...does anyone know? Or at least maybe where to go or look to find the solution? I've tried everything I can possibly think of. It's so frustrating!
I would greatly appreciate any help I can get!
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

lbarrell

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

Yeh seems my LED notifications don't work as well but here's a picture showing the home screen icons that don't show the number notification. BTW I get Facebook and Whatsapp notification at the very top of the screen but no number on the Icon!!

Dose anyone know what this ICON/Feature is called so I can google it more?

Home-screen-shot-arrows.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781