How do I change the default app that selects a picture for a contact?

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
How to change the default app that selects a picture for a contact

I'm adding pictures to my contacts. I loaded a lot of pictures onto my DROID4. The picture name is the person's name. When I added the first picture I selected "Photo" as the app to look at all the pictures so that I could make a selection. I also selected to always use that app. That was a bad choice. I want to change to a file app that shows the file name. How do I deselect Photo?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to change the default app that selects a picture for a contact

I'm adding pictures to my contacts. I loaded a lot of pictures onto my DROID4. The picture name is the person's name. When I added the first picture I selected "Photo" as the app to look at all the pictures so that I could make a selection. I also selected to always use that app. That was a bad choice. I want to change to a file app that shows the file name. How do I deselect Photo?

Open system settings - applications - Sort by all - photo app. Open it and select clear defaults.

Let us know how that works, and if you have any other questions.

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to change the default app that selects a picture for a contact

I see the Photo app when look at all Apps, but NOT when looking at all Apps in System Settings. I looked through the whole list in case it was sorting somewhere else under a different name. Where could it be?