Why does my Galaxy Note 3 refuse to turn on after the battery was taken out?

Biigii

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Note 3 refuses to turn on after battery taken out!

Hi there,
i am having a very unusual problem with my Galaxy Note 3. the phone was working fine without any issue until i removed the back door and took out the battery, i did this while the phone was still on. after that phone refuses to turn on. there is absolutely no life in the phone. computer doesn't recognize it either. i have replaced the battery, charge cables, tried the hard reset (holding down power, volume, home) with no success. the phone is bricked. i ordered a replacement motherboard which arrived today and fitted successfully. i did the stupidest thing and again removed the battery to insert the sim card without turning it off AGAIN!!! i was excited when my unlock code arrived quickly so i wasn't thinking what i am doing! now the second motherboard has frozen too, any solution please? removing battery while the phone is still on should not kill the motherboard should it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 3 refuses to turn on after battery taken out!

No, I've done it many times - it's called a battery pull, and you do it if the phone is stuck in a loop. (Long-pressing the power button simulates it, but there's nothing like pulling the battery and leaving it out long enough for all the hardware to power down and reset, whether it's a phone, a laptop or a desktop.) Something else is going on there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781