Could my LG G3 be a gonner after falling in water?

Jernej Oblak

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
lg g3 fell in watter :(

I droped my lg g3 in watter. I put it in a bowl of rice for a day and then i took it out. Everything was working fine... but after hour it was getting hotter and speaker started to burn. Now camera and speakers arent working help! (but everything else is vorking fine I can call, wifi,...) Could these be serious problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As I understand it, the first thing to do after a phone has fallen into water, is to remove the battery and wipe it dry. Then, as soon as possible, put the phone into alcohol, agitate the phone (swish it around) and repeat with several baths of fresh alcohol. The aim is to remove the water from the phone, which the alcohol will tend to do. The longer the interval between dropping the phone in water, and immersing it in alcohol, the longer the time that the water, which will be full of impurities, will have to damage the phone's components. If you simply dry the phone with heat, the impurities will remain in the phone, become damp from atmospheric moisture, and do damage over a period of time, until the phone fails. Alcohol baths will minimise that by removing as much of the water and impurities as possible, but even so, the eventual outcome is uncertain.
I realise that it takes some courage to immerse an expensive device into alcohol, but it is the best option if you want to save your phone.

Rukbat's article, to which I gave a link in my first reply, explains all this and more in much better detail. The sooner you do what is recommended, the better.

If you have any more questions, or any doubts, please ask us.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: