I have spent over two hours trying to download an app for my dad's new Tomtom.

Every single time I try and download it, it tells me I cannot because I'm not connected to the stupid god damn shopping bag.

I uninstalled the play store and cleared the cache. I synced the account he was using for gmail as well as made another one specifically for android apps.

I tried downloading a free app directly from the play store and hoping it would sync the phone, waiting and then trying to download the app after it was supposed to be synced.

The stupid thing just continually tells me I don't have the goddamn shopping bag.

I am at a loss of how to connect it and I'm ready to throw the phone on the driveway and drive over it.

I am stunned at how retardedly frustrating the whole process is and at a loss why it won't work.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.
    12-26-2014 12:17 PM
    Could you take a screenshot of the error message that pops up? Have you tried using another Gmail account or removing and then re-adding the account? Have you considered trying a factory reset? Don't throw your phone away! I and others want to try and help you as much as we can. Let us know if any changes come up.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    12-26-2014 12:21 PM
    I've tried alternate accounts - but not deleting and re-adding.

I've not tried a factory reset on the phone as it's my dad's and not mine and I don't think he will want to.

Other than that, I don't know what to do

The message says, verbatim:

"You haven't accessed the Google Play Store App(the white shopping bag icon) on your device with this email account.

This is factually untrue because I already did.

I don't understand why it's telling me I didn't, and I want to Superman punch everyone at Google.
    12-26-2014 12:35 PM
    I've tried alternate accounts - but not deleting and re-adding.

I've not tried a factory reset on the phone as it's my dad's and not mine and I don't think he will want to.

Other than that, I don't know what to do

The message says, verbatim:

"You haven't accessed the Google Play Store App(the white shopping bag icon) on your device with this email account.

This is factually untrue because I already did.

I don't understand why it's telling me I didn't, and I want to Superman punch everyone at Google.
    Try the method stated here: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1141080?hl=en

Log in to the Gmail account on your computer (the one you are using on your phone) and try downloading an app from the website. You should see it download on your phone.
    12-26-2014 01:45 PM
    I've already tried that.

It asks me to log into the email account.

I get my dad to log in with his password. Then I go to the store. Then it tells me the shopping bag message.

Same thing every time.
    12-26-2014 02:05 PM
    www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Find which account displays your father's device and use that.
    12-26-2014 05:32 PM