Locking your photo to show someone

shzusuziq

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that will "lock" my screen for when I show someone a photo. I don't like when they start swiping through the rest of my photos. Is there such an app? Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen an app that specifically prevents swiping, only apps that either lock entire galleries, or lock individual files as in password protect them to prevent access. That would be a pain if you just want to show one photo. I'll keep looking for more options and will post it here if I find anything.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so getting back to the OP's original request. I have yet to find anything that prevents a user from sliding to see another photo. I have found code examples that do this, but no app available on the Play Store or elsewhere. I'll keep looking like I said I would.

This is a little bit unrelated, but if you have photos you don't want other people seeing, check this out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.fenritz.safecam&token=p8DGds3q

Or you can use ES File Explorer to encrypt any files you have. It works good (I use it all the time).

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, it just makes me a bit miffed when I give my phone to someone to show 1 photo, & they start paging through them all, oh well.
I know. Lots of people do that to my phone too. It's an annoying habit that I guess we're going to have to cope with for now. Maybe I might take some time off and develop an app just for this. Lol, wish me luck!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, it just makes me a bit miffed when I give my phone to someone to show 1 photo, & they start paging through them all, oh well.
And if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me, other ambassadors, or other helpful users know of your concerns. Enjoy your time in the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000