Why isn't my HTC One M8 charging?

adder allstar

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 not charging

It charged fine at first, and sometimes it charges but the problem is sometimes it doesn't, or it charges for a few minutes and then stops. It is a very frustrating problem, because it could take ten or more tries to get it to start charging, and then I need to sit and monitor it because it just stops charging without me touching anything. It doesn't matter if it's on or not and i've tried in several sockets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 not charging

Welcome to Android Central! The first thing to do is try a different USB cable. If that doesn't help, then also try a different charging plug (the plug that goes into the wall outlet). Both of those components can fail or be defective.

adder allstar

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Since making this thread I found out that it charges just fine using the USB, so it must be the socket adaptor that's broken. Is the new socket adaptor really as fast as they say?

wadeintn

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I had that issue and it ended up being the USB cord. Apparently they west out. They are cheap enough to replace, but make sure you get the correct cord for your voltage which is easily found on Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca