How to get pics off my Nexus 5?

dafinvic2014

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
How to get pics off my Nexus 5

On Sept 23, 2015 my Nexus 5 was automatically updated.....I lost the Gallery and was left with Photos....but I am unable to download any pics taken since that date. I have tried on 4 different computers, so it is not my laptop, it is the phone. Help.....I have many pics I want to download into albums and don't dare delete them as they will be gone forever.....

Peter Brown1

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to get pics off my Nexus 5

So when you connect your Nexus to your laptop via USB, you are not seeing "Nexus 5" in Start>Computer under "Portable Devices"?

If this is so, then you may be connecting the phone to the laptop as a Camera device (PTP) and not as a Media Device (MTP). With the phone connected, on the Nexus swipe down from the top and select the banner "Connected as a Camera Device" and change it to a Media Device.

You should be able to browse the phone; the pictures will be under the DCIM folder, in the Camera sub-folder. Copy them from there to your laptop.

dafinvic2014

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get pics off my Nexus 5

Well, the Nexus automatically downloads pictures to Picasa....usually. There doesn't seem to be a way of changing those settings so that I can download under Media Device.

SandyBC

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Peter Brown1 .... Thank you thank you!! I'm an old school DOS computer person with my first smart phone :)and every now and then I run across some weird little windows/android thing that makes me crazy since I know I'm missing something simple. Thank you so much for reducing my stress levels!