SD card deleting music upon reset. Why? MP3 tag info also becomes corrupted

SkateAcross Utah

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So im having problems getting music onto my external SD card. I copy directly over from my PC, and the music sometimes shows up sometimes doesnt. Half the time it loses the title or artist so the player (ive tried over 10) doesnt recognize it. Also, when i reset the phone, (Not a hard reset, just a NORMAL reset) or power the phone off, and on again, the music has been deleted. I have tried formatting the card using windows, re copying music, same problem. Formatted the card using android, re copied music, same problem. Android 4.4.4 Verizon Note 3
EDIT
Also note, none of these problems exist when i copy to internal phone storage. Only External SD card. Card is Brand new and says supported by android right on it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Is the card 64GB or larger? If it is, it shoulf be formatted as exFAT, not FAT32.

2) What make is the card? It could be defective. If it's a SanDisk, they have a live chat on their site, and they're very easy to deal with. (And they make good cards, so I'm guessing it's not one of theirs or, if it says it is, it's counterfeit.)

I have a few 4.3GB files and a 5.8GB file on my card on my Note 3, and files only disappear when I delete them. (A few have gotten corrupted, but that was from running out of space when I was saving them.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae