Help with Network Understanding

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am looking into purchasing an unlocked phone, possibly a Huawei. I live in the U.S. and my provider is AT&T. A lot of these Chinese (Oppomart) phones say that they run on something like FDD LTE. Can someone please (In simple terms) please explain what this is and how it differs from a standard LTE? I want to make sure when I purchase a phone that it will run on AT&T LTE. Thanks in advance.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am looking into purchasing an unlocked phone, possibly a Huawei. I live in the U.S. and my provider is AT&T. A lot of these Chinese (Oppomart) phones say that they run on something like FDD LTE.

FDDLTE is still a starndard LTE, there's no difference. But, starndard LTE is divided into 2, TDD and FDD. These two abbreviations stand for 'time-division duplexing' and 'frequency-division duplexing'. They're two different methods of cramming data and phone calls into the connection to your friendly local phone tower. AT&T use FDD-LTE, so purchasing a phone with that kind of specsifications will be a good move. Link to article on FDD-LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs