Samsung Gear Fit OR Gear 2 neo??????

kates8600

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm interested in the above two devices.

All I really want it for is to monitor my steps, track my sleep & be able to use it as a silent alarm. I often miss phone calls so it would be good to let me know when my phone is going off.

My other half uses the Fitbit Flex but the vibration on the silent alarm doesn't go on long enough, nor is it strong enough to wake me up. I'm assuming this would be the same with the Fitbit charge etc.

I'm quite a deep sleeper and easily sleep through my house phone ringing when its on my bedroom side.

So will the Gear 2 Neo or Gear Fit be suitable & have a strong enough vibration to do what I'm looking for? Is there any other device I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance ^_^

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Gear Fit. I don't use it as an alarm to wake me. I actually have it set so that it won't give me any alerts when I sleep.

There is an app called Sleep Genius that is suppose to help you manage your sleeping pattern. It works on the Fit, but I haven't tried it yet. I think it has a gradual waking feature. Maybe that's worth a try?

As a heavy sleeper, it seems like you might eventually learn to sleep through anything... I will say that when I'm working and I'm deep in thought, the vibration sometimes makes me jump. I have found that the watch definitely keeps me from missing calls during the day. I may not hear the ring, but I don't miss that vibration.

I hope that was helpful in some way...

Posted via Android Central App