Apps not showing in app tray

Cup8489

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am having a problem. I recently acquired a galaxy note 3, and I have noticed that not all of the installed apps aren't showing in the app tray. I know they are installed because I can access them through the multi window tab, but for some reason they don't show in the regular tray. Why would this be, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

Cup8489

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I see you had a Note 2 so I can't teach you much !

What apps are they? Was the phone new, or factory reset?

Two examples of apps that didn't show in the tray are Google hangouts and the play movies and TV app. Both are installed but don't show in the app tray.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You say installed apps, do you mean the stock Google, Galaxy and Samsung apps. Could the icons be hidden in their respective folders in the app "drawer" as it's called.
If you mean apps you downloaded that work in Multi Window, are they showing as installed in General - Applications Manager - All, and in My Apps on the Play Store.

Need more info or a screenshot really, else I'm climbing up a greasy pole while asking silly questions.

5f5ed35a5b3a6b3a782af6b03a093fea.jpg
bf8c21fc2c8f5777137ed4aca1573a37.jpg

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
That's what happened on my Note 4, but I ended up locating everything. I would like to put YouTube in my "Entertainment" folder, but that appears impossible now. It's a system app.

No biggie.

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That's what happened on my Note 4, but I ended up locating everything. I would like to put YouTube in my "Entertainment" folder, but that appears impossible now. It's a system app.

No biggie.

rjm

Are you sure. On my Note 3 I can create a new Entertainment folder on a Homescreen, not the app drawer, with You Tube. Maybe that's not what you want to do. I can also slide it down to the dock.
f05398ee09eaff287efc62d8d96d526e.jpg
93634e982970a8a3bfb13bfb2497129e.jpg

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
No, not on the AT&T Note 4. It's only in the Google folder and quick launch. I hesitate to move it around lest I lose the little sucker. Hard enough finding it. It is not in the app drawer. Perhaps someone knows a trick. I would like it in my folder. It's on a home screen. Has everything but YouTube which is imprisoned in the Google folder. ;)

44dee7d6fb4ccd715332f9d816d8af31.jpg

Entertainment folder - you cannot add YouTube UNLESS you recreated the folder on the home screen. So yeah, it's possible. But I don't want to mess with their "special" folder that has no plus sign. And I would have to delete my existing folder.

38fb74bcc8a60412ce8c2df1e02b1280.jpg

Not a huge problem.

rjm

Last edited:

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Guess what? I not only got it, but I fixed my "Social" folder in the bargain!

It already had a "Social" folder WITH YouTube! In the app drawer! So I trashed my old one, and added YouTube to my existing Entertainment folder!

All is well. All is good.

Thanks! This new phone takes a little exploring, but it's worth it.

I used to depend on Michael Ma's The Daily Note channel, but he's not been feeling well, and I am flying solo. Thanks again!

Best,
rjm

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Guess what? I not only got it, but I fixed my "Social" folder in the bargain!

It already had a "Social" folder WITH YouTube! In the app drawer! So I trashed my old one, and added YouTube to my existing Entertainment folder!

All is well. All is good.

Thanks! This new phone takes a little exploring, but it's worth it.

I used to depend on Michael Ma's The Daily Note channel, but he's not been feeling well, and I am flying solo. Thanks again!

Best,
rjm

I hadn't heard of the Daily Note channel. Though I am not a big You tube user, they are very handy when you have new 'kit'.
I see he started with the Note 2. I hope he's better soon. So thanks for that.:)

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't heard of the Daily Note channel. Though I am not a big You tube user, they are very handy when you have new 'kit'.
I see he started with the Note 2. I hope he's better soon. So thanks for that.:)
You are most welcome. He's the best. Simple as that. I sure hope he gets back soon. I know you'll enjoy it. I really am missing him.

If you still have a Note 2 or 3, dive in! Wonderful.

rjm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz