Why do my apps keep uninstalling randomly?

Rabi294

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Some of my apps mostly whatsapp which arent added by the manufacturer randomly keep uninstalling. And the worst part is then I have to do a factory reset to install the same application over. It is also happening very frequently..

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Have you changed devices recently?

What device do you have?

Are they not in the Settings - Apps / Applications Manager - All list?

Are they listed under My Apps in the Play Store app? Are they showing as installed, or does it allow you to install again. If so that's strange, or someone is playing a joke on you possibly.
That's all I can think of.
Someone here will know more.

Rabi294

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello. No I havent.
I have one of a local build so I dont think naming it will be much use.
And no its not in any of those lists I have my google play disabled though so cant check in there. Even when I had it enabled it wouldnt allow me to install it again.
One thing I can think of is that I didnt update to the latest store and the google framework cus budget device less memory. Can that be the reason?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. No I havent.
I have one of a local build so I dont think naming it will be much use.
And no its not in any of those lists I have my google play disabled though so cant check in there. Even when I had it enabled it wouldnt allow me to install it again.
One thing I can think of is that I didnt update to the latest store and the google framework cus budget device less memory. Can that be the reason?

I can ask someone to take this up.
I know some brands don't have Google Play installed but that may not apply here. That further information is more helpful, and it's sounds like you're on the right track yourself.
So you are now talking about WhatsApp mainly, and you keep re-installing it from another store, maybe Amazon or Galaxy apps, or sideloaded it.
Did the Play Store say it was incompatible with your device. I don't use WhatsApp but it may be restricted by your carrier / network if they charge for texts above a quota, and WhatsApp is free on data.

Stick around, and why not say hi in Introductions and include this question to the Ambassadors who welcome members there.
Android Central Community - Introductions.

I am on UK time. Check back here for more experienced help.

Rabi294

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
no its an old version the defult google play is the old one which is about 4 mbs big.
after it randomly uninstalls and I try to install it again from playstore it gives me error -24

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I would think you have to keep up with Googles updates, to keep using the latest Whatsapp or any app, space or not, but I don't have the issue you have.

@rukbat or someone will have better knowledge. Hang around.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Madd called my attention to this thread. Let's see what we can do: The bigger part of the problem is the error 24. There are a couple solution here: [Guide][Help] Play Store error -24: What is … | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

It may be possible the older versions of Play and even Google Play services are not helping. After the apps update, you can clear the caches to help keep storage space down.

Depending on the version of Android you have, you can try going to Settings>storage>cache, then click clear caches.

For other ideas, Ambassador B. Diddy wrote up a guide on how to regain some memory: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca