Why isn't my Link2sd finding /ext4 partition?

Etrain75

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Link2sd not finding /ext4 partition

I have a 32gb micro sd card that I have created two partitions of, one is FAT32 and the other is /ext4. My phone is rooted and everything so there is no clear reason why this shouldn't work. I keep getting the same message from Link2sd even after rebooting. It says if I keep getting this message that there is an error mounting on launch! Please help me I've been searching for a solution for months! I am a noob when it comes to Android so in depth explanations would be appreciated. I have a rooted Cubot s308 running Android 4.4. Thank you!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Link2sd not finding /ext4 partition

I have a 32gb micro sd card that I have created two partitions of, one is FAT32 and the other is /ext4. My phone is rooted and everything so there is no clear reason why this shouldn't work. I keep getting the same message from Link2sd even after rebooting. It says if I keep getting this message that there is an error mounting on launch! Please help me I've been searching for a solution for months! I am a noob when it comes to Android so in depth explanations would be appreciated. I have a rooted Cubot s308 running Android 4.4. Thank you!

I'm not sure if this matters, but does that app work for internal SD cards, rather than an external, expandable drive? I'm not sure if that matters, but something to look into.

Etrain75

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure if this matters, but does that app work for internal SD cards, rather than an external, expandable drive? I'm not sure if that matters, but something to look into.

I am fairly positive it works for external expandable drives because it requires you to make two partitions which I do not think you can do with the internal card.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I am fairly positive it works for external expandable drives because it requires you to make two partitions which I do not think you can do with the internal card.
Sorry about that, you are right. Now that you mention it, I used to create the ext 4 partition on the external sd cards of my HTC Hero. Regarding your problem, I'm not sure what the issue may be. Have you reached to the developer of Links2sd to see if there's an idea as to what is causing this problem?

Etrain75

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Sorry about that, you are right. Now that you mention it, I used to create the ext 4 partition on the external sd cards of my HTC Hero. Regarding your problem, I'm not sure what the issue may be. Have you reached to the developer of Links2sd to see if there's an idea as to what is causing this problem?

That seems like my only option at the moment. The problem is a do not have a mainstream phone. It's a Cubot s308 and it is tough to find solutions online as not very many people have the phone. It's just something I'll have to deal with at the moment. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463