How do I switch from a US to UK provider?

T0mmiB0i

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Us to UK provider switch - Fake 4g

I have just come back from the us with my us 5 to live in UK, I just unlocked my phone and am apparently getting 4g connection. I know this is false as my location and my net work don't support it in my area. I am aware that I will not get 4g lte as of the frequency band of it.I need some help on disabling 4g and enable hsdpa+.
Thanks allot - tom

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Us to UK provider switch - Fake 4g

What phone are you using? Depending on the model and carrier ROM, it might be displaying 4G for HSPA+ connections. Some call it 3.5G now, but legally speaking, it is OK to call it 4G.

T0mmiB0i

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply.
Its An s5 G900A, I also, living in the uk, hate the att logon and all there apps that they offer would it be possible to flash the g900j firmware over odin or would that brick me?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

That, unfortunately, I'm not sure. I'm not very experienced with flashing different ROMs but as long as the hardware is the same, I don't see why one ROM would 'brick' your device. If it's different hardware, however, then it could pose a problem since drivers and all that stuff probably won't work.

Here's how you can switch network modes on the S5 (the video says your model is 'compatible' with this, but I can't attest to that, I don't own an AT&T device)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aixYwt4XLBc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz