Why doesn't Google make their own phones?

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
why doesnt google make their own phones?

if google was to make their own nexuses devices they would have powerful hardware with the srong software. i dont know i would love it if they had their own hardware rather than using LG and Motorolla. what do you guys think..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
To answer your thread title, I imagine it would be for the same reason that Beethoven didn't make his own pianos.:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: why doesnt google make their own phones?

To answer your thread title, I imagine it would be for the same reason that Beethoven didn't make his own pianos.:)

Posted via the Android Central App

:) Yep!

And Google business is to have their platform and products in every possible device. Being a competitor for phone makers it's not the best way to achieve that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: why doesnt google make their own phones?

I guess but other than big search engine they are known for being Android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Google is a bit more than a search engine and android. To understand it you have to do as Deep Throat said: "follow the money".* :)

Almost every dollar they make comes from online ads and most of them from Adwords. So Google main business is to gather information, analyse, use and sell it for a profit. And a huge profit it is.

This information comes from our online habits. Every search we make or every time we use those good "free" things, such as chrome, Gmail, YouTube and more, we generate a lot of information that Google will sell to an eager market. Quite simple.

So Google needs customers, a lot of them, and as loyal as possible. And, of course, using their products more and more in a daily basis.

To do that they must have the phone makers as partners, giving for "free" their OS. Competing with them would make people at Microsoft very happy and who knows, maybe a couple of Tizen type experiments would finally hatch. :)

And that couldn't be good for their business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac