Anyway to update my Coby Kyros mid7048?

anon(738490)

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have this tablet that when I try to update it it gives me an error about unable to find the /nand/update.zip file or directory. I cannot find an update for it. It would be nice if Coby offered a website where you can simply get the drivers updates from. Can anyone provide me with the update? I am not trying to root it but only simply put driver on SD card them simply install it from there. Simple as that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) This is one of those "Made in China, you won't get any information on it in this lifetime" inexpensive tablets. The giveaway is the lack og Google apps.

2) The driver is the software installed on the PC to allow Windows to talk to the phone through the USB port on the PC. It doesn't get installed on the tablet.

3) Someone has to write the update. Not enough ROM developers would own a device like this (the number probably approaches within a single digit of 0) to want to spend the time and effort needed to port a ROM from another device to this one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The company is a Chinese company that makes cheap tablets, then abandons them. I doubt that they'll ever come out with an update to any of their tablets.

You save money on the initial purchase of a Chinese tablet, but it's missing features, and you have to replace it more often because it doesn't get updates. (Developing an update isn't cheap, and these companies are.)

anon(738490)

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The company is a Chinese company that makes cheap tablets, then abandons them. I doubt that they'll ever come out with an update to any of their tablets.

You save money on the initial purchase of a Chinese tablet, but it's missing features, and you have to replace it more often because it doesn't get updates. (Developing an update isn't cheap, and these companies are.)
No worries. I'm going to close this thread. Thanks for everything.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton