Why are Lollipop contacts missing Groups options (like assigning a LED color to a group, assigning a Ringtone to a group, etc.)?

ahpitre

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop contacts

Why are Lollipop contacts missing Groups options (like assigning a LED color to a group, assigning a Ringtone to a group, etc.)? These were all very useful features found on 4.4 and Lollipop doesn't have them anymore. Are there apps. that can recreate/manage Group contacts?

Also, the option to join/merge contacts has also disappeared. This was very useful as I could group the same contact from different accounts (I.E. Facebook, Twitter, Linked IN, Hotmail, etc.) to appear as 1 Contact with all the information centralized in 1 location.

Finally, most of Facebook pictures do not appear synchronized in the Contacts list. Downloaded an app. called Sync Me to accomplish this.

PS : I am using CM12 ROM on an LG G3, but, have tried other 5.0 ROMS and they all have the same issues

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lollipop contacts

Why are Lollipop contacts missing Groups options (like assigning a LED color to a group, assigning a Ringtone to a group, etc.)? These were all very useful features found on 4.4 and Lollipop doesn't have them anymore. Are there apps. that can recreate/manage Group contacts?

Also, the option to join/merge contacts has also disappeared. This was very useful as I could group the same contact from different accounts (I.E. Facebook, Twitter, Linked IN, Hotmail, etc.) to appear as 1 Contact with all the information centralized in 1 location.

Finally, most of Facebook pictures do not appear synchronized in the Contacts list. Downloaded an app. called Sync Me to accomplish this.

PS : I am using CM12 ROM on an LG G3, but, have tried other 5.0 ROMS and they all have the same issues

This could be a feature specific to the stock, LG G3 ROM that isn't included in the custom builds. Also, if the other ROMs were aosp builds, then the issue can also be the same. If possible, install a stock G3 build (5.0)and see if the features are included in that.

ahpitre

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop contacts

That may be true, but, I have read about Nexus users whose phones were updated to stock Lollipop and the issues still exist. This seems to be a serious Android bug or omission as even in the Android blogs on Google servers there are reports of this as a bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs