Can I send an iMessage to Android?

Andy Whittle1

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
iMessage to Android

Good evening.

I have recently purchased the Nexus 6 after years of iPhones.

My family and friends are still using iPhones and are trying to send texts but their initial attempt fails because of iMessage.

I've deactivated iMessage on my old iphone and turned it off. I have also removed my iPhone as registered phone on Apple's website.

Don't get me wrong i;m receiving the texts but it's not convenient for my friends to send them twice, their phones seem to keep seeing my phone and using iMessage.

They have also deleted me as a contact re-entered this and still no joy.

I don't really want to go back to the iPhone i;m enjoying the swap over.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy Whittle1

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: iMessage to Android

Thanks for your advice Phil.

I've followed the procedures and had confirmation on deactivation but the iPhones are still trying to send iMessages to my number?
Does it take a little while for the activation to be processed?.

Thanks again for your response.

Andy Whittle1

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Hi All,

I just thought i'd let you know that i;d fixed the issue.

Just incase anyone else has had a similar issue.

Using mac, there is an application called messages, be sure to log out of this on your p.c/mac. It appears that the iPhone was keeping imessage enabled due to this.

Many thanks though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

They should also mark at least one message sent to you as SMS, so the phone knows to not send iMessages to you, or you'll get long messages cut off, MMS not working, etc. (iMeaages isn't Apple's name for SMS, it's a completely different protocol that can only be received with Apple devices.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax