My Samsung Stratosphere is glitching. I've factory reset my phone, but it continues to glitch. I'm thinking it has something to do with with Softkey because once Softkey is enabled the glitching occurs. I've provided a link below showing what it's doing. Thanks for any help!
    01-13-2015 08:22 PM
    Hello. A link won't work if you have less than 10 posts.
    Isn't Softkey for rooted phones, I'm not sure.
    If you can provide more details on what the glitches are, and if it will function without Softkey ?, someone should help you out.
    01-14-2015 07:40 AM
    Yeah sorry, I didn't explain too much because I was hoping the link would work and that would take care of the explaining but here's the link again. But I've had the phone since it was brand new and I've never rooted it. And I'm assuming Softkey is the touch screen buttons on the bottom menu? Because I can't do any of those touch screen functions until it's enabled.

Link - vid(DOT)me/MRHk

Glitch - Repeatedly uses the search function or voice-to-text function without stopping.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-14-2015 10:11 AM
    Thanks. I can't really help but I see what you mean. I had a look at the video and the phone and manual.
    It unusually (these days) has 4 softkeys to go with the slide out qwerty keyboard. When you said "Softkey" I assumed it was an old app with that name.

I will try to give this to @rukbat or another techie Ambassador later.

Seeing that, it does look like a stuck soft/hard key that brings up the Search screen and keyboard. I don't know if they have a physical button underneath. I see they can be configured differently as you say.
    Or it could be a fixable software issue with the Search app or device. You have done a factory reset though.

There is a forum for it here that was active a few months ago. I had a look but couldn't find a relevant thread.

Have a read of the later posts in this thread.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=134749
    01-14-2015 12:02 PM