How do I recover files from a dead phone?

caitlyn341

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I've had for just over 2 years and in the past few months it has slowly started to fail (apps not working, deleting themselves etc.). It then got to the point where it froze and turned itself off completely. The only things it does now is show the battery sign with a loading wheel when connected to a charger (stays like that for hours) and show the initial starting screen if I try to turn it on (which stays for hours). I'm so annoyed because I had recordings of songs I wrote on the phone and I really need them! I'm wondering if there is any way I could recover those files somehow?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it shows the initial starting screen without the charger being connected, it's probably either a hardware problem or the OS is corrupted (in which case, if you can find an update file for your model S3, and get the phone into download mode [Volume Down/Home/Power), you can reflash the update and maybe back everything up before it fails again. (Look on XDA Forums for update files for your model S3 and help in using them. DO NOT flash a new ROM - that wipes out your data - you want a captured update file.)

If not, and B. Diddy is right about the battery, they're not expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan