Can I get some help with charging issues on a Sony Z1?

TJs11thPre

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sony Z1: charging issues

Trying to help a friend reporting these issues with Sony Z1c. All helpful suggestions are appreciated.

-- The indicator LED and the charging icon stay on after removing from either USB or the Sony DK32 charging dock.

-- Enters continuous boot cycle with normal shutdown - only way to stop the cycle (or avoid it completely) is a force shutdown (hold power + volume up).

-- Stamina or Power Save battery modes no longer work - battery drains at same rate as when these are not enabled. It also seems to discharge much faster now than when these issues started.

Attempted several factory resets and Sony software repair on my own and again while on the line with Sony support

TJs11thPre

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
safe mode is one of the first steps i tried in troubleshooting. problem persists.

i was hoping someone here had success with a firmware update, or different android version, or some app or patch specifically to address it.

or other z1 users describing how they dealt with it, or that they dont have this issue, which would at least give me indication its isolated to this phone and i should just get another

thanks for replying though. at least someone did.

anyone else? Bueller??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sony Z1: charging issues

-- The indicator LED and the charging icon stay on after removing from either USB or the Sony DK32 charging dock.
That sounds like a shirt in the microUSB port. Make sure it's clean. (use a magnifying glass and a strong light to look for tiny particles sitting between the contacts, Loosen them with the point of a wooden toothpick, then blow them out with canned air.)

-- Enters continuous boot cycle with normal shutdown - only way to stop the cycle (or avoid it completely) is a force shutdown (hold power + volume up).
Could be the connector or a few other things - the phone would have to be checked on a bench.

-- Stamina or Power Save battery modes no longer work - battery drains at same rate as when these are not enabled. It also seems to discharge much faster now than when these issues started.
Something is draining power - a short somewhere, or some app keeping the phone awake. It could be either a hardware or a software problem.

Attempted several factory resets and Sony software repair on my own and again while on the line with Sony support
If the phone is under warranty, have it replaced. Otherwise a decision has to be made - is it worth investing even an estimate charge in the phone? If it is, is it worth repairing it or would the money be better spent on a different phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend