How do I know if my Moto G is charging (white LED on)?

A

AC Question

Not sure if moto g is charging - white LED on

I got my moto g in october 2014. Starting december, it has been doing this thing where it sometimes turns itself on and off over and over. It did that at night around three days ago, and since I wasn't awake to stop it, it drained itself of its battery.

I've been charging it overnight and at work ever since, except for a nine-hour break yesterday. All it gives me is the white LED notification light. I read somewhere that this means that the phone does not have enough power to light up its screen, but it's taking a very long time to charge to a high-enough power, in my opinion. I use a motorola wall charger with the model number SSW-2285UK. I've tried that popular method of pressing the VOL DOWN and power buttons for long periods of time. Nothing works.

Could it be that my phone simply isn't charging? What can I do to get it to work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not sure if moto g is charging - white LED on

Welcome to Android Central! It could be a failed battery, or worse yet, some failure of the motherboard. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop, or contact Motorola for service. Is it still under warranty?