How do I upload/update/transfer pictures from my phone devices?

A

AC Question

upload/update/transfer from phones devices

Need to upload contacts/apps/pics from my Old Droid phone to the Galaxy 4s. I can't figure it out. I'm Ben trying it via Google, but I can't figure it out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: upload/update/transfer from phones devices

Welcome to Android Central! Easiest way is probably Smart Switch: Smart Switch: Data Transfer for PC, Mac & More | Samsung | Samsung

In general, though, if your contacts are all associated with your Google account, they should be synced automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud. When you log into a new device with the same Google account, those contacts get synced automatically to the new phone. This is why associating your contacts with Google can be so helpful (and can keep your information safe in case of a hardware failure). If you associate the contacts with the Phone account instead, they won't be synced anywhere, unless you use 3rd party software to sync or backup that info.

Apps that were installed from Google Play Store are easily accessible on your new phone. Just open Google Play Store, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, then look at the All list. You'll see every app you've ever installed, and can pick and choose which ones you want to install on the new device. This includes apps you purchased. App data from the old phone usually won't be restored, unless that data is synced to some kind of cloud server.

Photos can be uploaded to a cloud service like Google+ Photos or Dropbox (where they'll be safe in case something happens to the phone). They can be easily accessed by any other device that is logged into that service. You can also copy the photos over to your computer hard drive via USB connection, and then copy them to the new phone. You should be backing up this information on a regular basis anyway, because bad things can happen to phones. If the phone goes kaput, then so does the information stored on it.

Rach85

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: upload/update/transfer from phones devices

Download "smart switch mobile" from the playstore, on both devices and follow the instructions.
One of my FAVE apps. It does everything you've asked to transfer without the need of a computer, best of all...it's free!!! ^____^

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia