Why doesn't my Nexus 4 touchscreen respond after update but is fine on 4.2.2?

A

AC Question

Nexus 4 touchscreen doesn't respond after update but is fine on 4.2.2

Two days ago I got a relative's used nexus 4 and it was factory reset running android 4.2.2. I updated to 4.3 through the notification on the phone but when the phone finished the update and I got to the unlock screen the phone wouldn't respond to touch at all. After that I tried putting every android version on including lollipop and because the phone was factory reset every time I'd get stuck at the welcome screen instead where you choose your language.
However when I put android 4.2.2 back on the phone works great again. I've tried installing the other versions after this again and the problem persists until I put 4.2.2 back on. The buttons all work fine but the touch won't respond at all.
The screen has been replaced before but it works fine on 4.2.2 so I'm not sure if this is the problem. I've tried all the regular troubleshooting and different methods of installation.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sergeant SWAG

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 touchscreen doesn't respond after update but is fine on 4.2.2

I made the above post but made an account on the site after. By every android version I mean I've tried every factory image for the nexus 4 from the official google developers website.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon