Why won't my Nexus 7 (2012) connect to wifi with Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Why won't my nexus 7 (2012) connect to wifi with lollipop.

I have an original nexus 7 that was upgraded to lollipop and ran very very slow. I cleared caches etc and this improved things slightly so I decided to perform a factory reset.

After the factory reset the installation screen stopped at the wifi screen and I could not go past this without getting a wifi connection. The nexus 7 would not make a connection to my ASUS AC-68u router on my normal network. This network is protected with a long password (21 chars) so I enabled my guest network with a simple password and this seemed to work, at least got me past the configuration screen.

After this I could not get a reliable wifi connection for more than 5 seconds so I gave up and flashed back to 4.4.4.. This works fine.

When 5.0.2 came out I performed a manual upgrade and ran into exactly the same issue as before.. I reset my router back to factory defaults, and reconfigured it manually again then tried again.. Now I can not even get a connection to the guest network.

Is this just something I am doing, some issue with my wifi router, or something else??

I am baffled and would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why won't my nexus 7 (2012) connect to wifi with lollipop.

Lollipop has issues with the original Nexus 7. I have the Nexus 7 2013 and the initial Lollipop update was no problem. If I were you I would go back to KitKat on your tablet 😒