Why will my phone not turn on?

Mandrell Gross

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have dropped my phone and there was no damage to the outside of my phone, but it will not turn on as a result. I've tried restarting it, but have had no luck. Nothing is happening, but when I plug it in the light will come on, but that's it. I've left it on the charger but still wont work, is there anyway to fix it? Please let me know if you have a solution. I need my phone and do not have the funds for a new one, thank you. (alcatel one touch fierce.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, that's terrible....very sorry to hear about your phone 😢

Are you certain your phone is really off and it isn't just a damaged screen? You can test by plugging the phone into a computer and seeing if the computer recognizes the device or by calling/texting the phone and seeing if it receives the notification. If it's just a damaged screen you may be able to fix it yourself, otherwise I would recommend contacting the manufacturer or taking it to a local repair shop.

So sorry, and good luck!

I play with my food

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest you not try fixing the phone yourself. The videos make replacing a screen look easy, but it's more difficult than it looks. If you do it right, on your first try, you'll be spending the better part of a day. Chances are, though, that you won't do it right and something else will go wrong. Or you'll replace the screen, but it's a cracked motherboard. Or you'll order a new screen, open the phone and find out that the only problem is that the screen cable plug came loose.

Call it and if it rings, that's a data point you can give the repair shop to make their job easier (which translates in less labor you have to pay for).

Mess the phone up when you're trying to fix it yourself and no reputable repair shop will touch it - the cost for analysis of the problem will be more than the price of a new phone (they're less than $90).

You may want to reconsider fixing it. A good used screen can run almost as much as the whole phone. If it's the motherboard, it can run $35-$50. It usually doesn't pay to repair phones that cost that little - the difference between repair-it-yourself price and replace price isn't that much. (A good repair shop would offer you a new phone for about what they'd charge you to replace the screen. Or just tell you to go to the carrier and buy a new one. Some shops are honest.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2