unsupported file type

A

AC Question

Here is what is going on. First, I have an LG insyte and the system is VS810PP1. I do not get to option to add a document to a text message. I do get the option for other file types, ie pictures, slide?, smiley faces...but not documents. I thought maybe because I did not have a program for it even though I can view it on the phone.

So I thought to start at the document and send it using text message. When I did a error, "unsupported file type". Can anyone help?

I really like the phone and need this for work. I don't want to waste time asking and going the email route when I have their number already. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, attaching a file requires the message to be sent as MMS, not SMS (using the conventional messaging app), so you need to make sure mobile data is on (since MMS requires mobile data, not wi-fi or voice signal).

If it isn't working on MMS, then it's likely that MMS attachments are restricted to media files rather than text files--that's what I could find out from searching the web, anyway. There are some workarounds--for example, using AirDroid, you can attach a file to SMS: AirDroid | How to attach a file to SMS