Is signal strength on Droid Turbo as strong as it should or could be?

A

AC Question

I finally let my faithful Motorola Barrage basic phone go after 4 years (for now anyway) and I am trying hard to learn how to understand and operate my new Motorola Droid Turbo. I have had it for about a week now, and it shows me less signal strength than my Barrage. I now not all signal strength meters are identical, but I am losing calls i never used to lose. Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I finally let my faithful Motorola Barrage basic phone go after 4 years (for now anyway) and I am trying hard to learn how to understand and operate my new Motorola Droid Turbo. I have had it for about a week now, and it shows me less signal strength than my Barrage. I now not all signal strength meters are identical, but I am losing calls i never used to lose. Any ideas?
You are correct. Signal can differ from device-to-device depending on the placement of the antenna, and design of the phone. If you have not seen an abnormal drop in received calls, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can also have a few people give you a call just to test it out. But I'm going to say that it's simply the way the Droid Turbo is displaying the information, and possibly a different in how the antenna is designed/placed within the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac