Apps keep saying I downloaded them and they are waiting to be installed. How do I get rid of them?

A

AC Question

I downloaded a few games on my Android tablet and then I had these apps appear in my notice bar insisting I install all the apps I downloaded but I didn't... How do I get rid of these app? I already deleted all the game apps that might have been causing the problem and I installed AVG to scan and it found no threats

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Those all sound like spam type apps. Get Airpush and it will give you the likely candidates for your headache. Since android doesn't usually get viruses less scrupulous devs get permission to push notifications to your device when you download something you do want.

My rules, for what it's worth;

Install no app with less than 3.5 stars.

Read at least five of the latest low reviews, 2 stars or less.

Never be first to download or install an app, under 2000 installs.

If under 2000 installs read 5 lowest reviews of other apps by this dev. No other apps no install.

Never install an app that has just as many 1 star reviews as 5 star. Devs can fake high reviews but they won't fake low reviews.

Airpush isn't an anti virus app out looks at permissions and shows you likely candidates for mischievous behavior.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to try is when you get a notification to download an app, pull down the shade and long press the notification. That will bring up the app info button. Click it, and it should show the source.

From an AOSP M8