Why is my Moto X stuck in reboot cycle after Lollipop update?

A

AC Question

Moto X stuck in reboot cycle after Lollipop update

Hi, I just recently got a new Moto X phone and 3 days after having it I got a notification to update to 5.0 Lollipop. So I went ahead and did that, but at about 60% of the installation bar filling, the phone, on it's own, went to the M symbol screen saying "Powered by Android" underneath and went through the boot cycle. Then it would stay stuck on the blue circle with the M inside it with watery ripples moving in the logo, then the screen would go black and it would do this all over again.

So I figured out how and did a factory reset/data wipe, the OS loads with the default, and I try to set it up. Now it won't detect any wi-fi ports (Which the phone had been able to do previously) to even re-update and the phone still constantly reboots to the beginning with the M and "Powered by Android" screen, even when left idle.

So I decided to turn off the phone and try to look up more options. It STILL boots up, even after powering it off. After a certain amount of time has passed, the phone just powers back on like it was still stuck in the boot cycle from the beginning.

At this point I am at a complete loss and don't know what to do besides hoping I can just turn it in for a new one.

Just as a FYI, I don't believe I have "tampered" with it, all I've done is transfer some photos and mp3 files I DLed from my old phone which was a Nexus S using Moto Migrate and I never had issues with that phone, besides it becoming very slow late in it's life.

Is anyone able to help me here?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X stuck in reboot cycle after Lollipop update

Just tried a second factory reset, same results.

Welcome to the forums. Did you get this phone through a carrier? Perhaps you can take it to them to see what they can do? Since the stock ROM images are so new, it might be hard to find them to reflash them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X stuck in reboot cycle after Lollipop update

Yes, I bought it through a carrier. I'll have to take it to them tomorrow, I guess.
That should be the best course to take. They supplied you with the update, and it still messed up. As long as you didn't tamper with the device, it's on them.