Does the HTC One M7 have google play store access?

stauchixx

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I am so confused on this. I have been all over the internet and all over youtube. What I keep seeing is the M8 Google play edition, but a lot of videos and pictures show the M7 has Google Play. I went to the Google Play store and it says the Google play edition for the 2013 HTC One is no longer available. Was this a limited time thing, or does it come with Lollipop 5.0?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am so confused on this. I have been all over the internet and all over youtube. What I keep seeing is the M8 Google play edition, but a lot of videos and pictures show the M7 has Google Play. I went to the Google Play store and it says the Google play edition for the 2013 HTC One is no longer available. Was this a limited time thing, or does it come with Lollipop 5.0?

I'm guessing your referring to the actual " Google Play " versions of the the HTC One which is HTC's version of a pure android device similar to the official Google Nexus brand devices.

It was just announced this morning on our blog that HTC removed the HTC One M8 (Google Play Edition) from the Google Play Store for sale/purchase. Basically we are in the dark as to what the future holds for GPE devices from HTC going forward. Yes I believe the HTC One M8 (GPE) did get receive its official update to Lollipop 5.0

HTC One M8 GPe no longer available from Google Play | Android Central

stauchixx

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I'll get it right this time. Does that mean it's not possible to download apps from the Play store to the HTC One? I don't care about the "Google Play" version as long as I can access the Play store. That's what confused me.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I'll get it right this time. Does that mean it's not possible to download apps from the Play store to the HTC One? I don't care about the "Google Play" version as long as I can access the Play store. That's what confused me.

No prob on the confusion :p

Yes you can download apps from the Google Play store on the HTC One. Its an official Android product and comes loaded with Google Play Store app and ready to rock. If you ever come across a device (knock offs, no namers, etc ) branded " Android " products that don't have Google Play Store on it take that as a huge red flag and stay away from it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc