Why isn't my Galaxy S3 getting past the SAMSUNG screen, just shuts off?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S3 won't get past "SAMSUNG" screen, just shuts off

A couple of weeks ago my S3 that I've had for a couple of years seemed to have crashed. Leading up to the "Crash" it would reboot a couple times a day and just seemed slower than it used to. Finally the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I tried removing the battery, pushing the power button while the battery is out to drain any residual power and putting the battery back in. Nothing. I try to plug the phone in to charge and seems that the phone/battery will not charge at all.

Sometimes the phone will boot, but it never makes it past the "SAMSUNG" screen, and then just turns off. Luckily a few months prior to this happening I put in an SD card and saved most of my numbers on there. However I did not do this with a lot of my pictures. I really would like to recover the pictures on my old S3. I have since upgraded to an S5, but am trying to figure out if there is any hope of recovering pictures from my old phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 won't get past "SAMSUNG" screen, just shuts off

It could be something as simple as the battery in the S3 being dead. Take the battery out, use the S5's charger (that should be the 2 Amp output one) and see if the phone boots fully.

If not, it's probably a motherboard problem and, unless those pictures are irreplaceable and important, it wouldn't pay to recover them. (It would cost a lot more than a cellphone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid