Can i get pictures back ?

veronicaivett

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
i purchased an SD card and it turned out to have glitches. It doesn't show any of my pictures anymore! and when i tried to format it on my computer with an adapter it didn't work, so i tried to put it back into my phone and now it won't read the card! is there maybe anyway that my pictures were backed up?

HELP PLEASE! those pictures are important to me!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Some phones seem more prone to causing corruption than others (like Samsung).

Formatting the card would wipe all of the data anyway, so if you were even halfway successful with the format, the photos are gone. The only way photos would backup automatically would be if you had Google+ Auto Backup on. Go to your Google+ Photos on the web and see if there is anything in the Auto Backup folder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Put the card into your computer. Download and run PhotoRec. If it can recognize the card, it will recover any files still on it. (Formatting a card doesn't actually write all over it, the way a full format on a hard drive does, and PhotoRec doesn't care whether there's a file system on the card or not - just if there are blocks of data that look like files it recognizes.) If you can't figure it out once you start running it, they have a pretty good tutorial at PhotoRec Step By Step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers