I keep getting the Home Screen prompt asking do I want to use ALWAYS,or ONCE .

A

AC Question

I am using LG device from Boost Mobile. Android and whenever I want to shut down. I keep getting this. Home Screen asking which browser do I want to usr. Annoying.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and wipe the cache.
If no good, try Settings, Apps, 3-dot menu, Reset App Preferences.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a launcher?
Of course he's using a launcher, or all he'd see is a blank screen. Did you mean "are you using a 3rd party launcher?"

To the OP:
Install Default App Manager Lite. Clear defaults on your current browser. Then set the default browser to whichever one you want. (It's possible that default can be set on more than one, confusing Android.) But Power Off should never invoke the browser, so something else is going on there.

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Of course he's using a launcher, or all he'd see is a blank screen. Did you mean "are you using a 3rd party launcher?"

To the OP:
Install Default App Manager Lite. Clear defaults on your current browser. Then set the default browser to whichever one you want. (It's possible that default can be set on more than one, confusing Android.) But Power Off should never invoke the browser, so something else is going on there.

Was answering 2 different posts at the same time, didn't mean to write which launcher lol.