How do I downgrade from Lollipop to KitKat?

A

AC Question

How to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat

How to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat

I'm interested in this too. Lollipop is a complete disaster for my and my wife's tablets. After working great for 25 months this new system has turned them into junk.

Battery: lasts 1/3 of the length of time it used to. Gives no low battery warning. Shuts off at any time from 38% battery and below.

Rhapsody: skips and crackles every five seconds or so.

Youtube: videos are slow and jittery, and after about 10 videos just gives up loading.

Facebook: crashes often, sometimes doesn't open, sometimes freezes the tablet, sometimes restarts the tablet.

Chrome: yes the Google app isn't working. Freezes, crashes, restarts on almost any website. Some sites are very very slow (takes 2 minutes to load a page and allow me to continue).

Angry Birds Friends seems to work fine. Big whoop.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You mean "How to upgrade to Kit Kat from Lollipoop". I think the first thing needed is that you'd have to be rooted and then you could install a Kit Kat ROM.

leeloo67

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

It took a week but I figured it out. All my data (just junk) is gone, and I hard bricked the tablet for a while yesterday, but if lollipop is the type of thing I'll have to deal with, learning how to get into the inner workings is necessary. What all the threads and sites were missing were details and explanations for us non-computer types. "Enter this command..." for example. Where? How? Took me two days to figure out I had to go into my desktop in a specific folder and open a command window. Took three days to realize a TAR file has to be "opened". In the end I used the command window to type all the commands and flashed the 4.4.4 is onto the tablet. It's like a new tablet, works awesome. Most of the info came from this site. If anyone still needs the info I can post links, but be aware if you don't know what you're doing your data and tablet itself may be at risk!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800