Why are my contacts receiving text read messages. How do I turn it off?

A

AC Question

why are my contacts receiving "text read" messages. how do i turn it off?

my contacts are sending me texts saying they are receiving these texts up to 70 times a day. I just got this phone 22/1/2015 as soon as i finished transferring my contacts they started receiving them. I've tried to turn it off on my phone but have had no success. could it be their phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why are my contacts receiving "text read" messages. how do i turn it off?

If it's a few of your contacts, and they all started receiving them at the same time, I'd suspect one of 2 things - your account is messed up or you got a used phone with a virus. In either case, bring the phone into your carrier's store. (The odds that they all turned on "message read" notifications at the same time is pretty slim. If they're receiving the notifications that their texts were read, it's on their end or something's wrong. If they're getting notifications that you're asking for a notification that they read the text, try using a different texting app.)

Kilva

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: why are my contacts receiving "text read" messages. how do i turn it off?

I highly doubt anyone would create a virus with that purpose, however I agree, after testing other texting apps and you find that the problem persists, I'd say bring the phone to the carrier, or wherever you got it from.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar