Why do I keep getting a notification on my screen saying unfortunately hangouts has stopped working?

A

AC Question

why do i keep getting a notification on my screen saying unfortunatley hangouts has stopped working

I keep getting a message popping up on my Samsung active that says unfortunately hangouts has stopped working

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why do i keep getting a notification on my screen saying unfortunatley hangouts has stopped work

Try Settings, Apps, swipe to All, scroll to Hangouts, and select Clear Cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note4 with the same issues. This seems to be a known problem, but nothing is being done to fix. I'd say stick with the native apps on your device and delete hangouts at least you will be able to use your device w/out the frustration

Usernamenotvalid

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I just uploaded to lollipop 5.1 from kitkat yesterday and I'm getting the same unfortunately hangouts has stopped message. Odd considering I not even using it anyway. Its disabled and data and cache is cleared. Any advice to clear this would be appreciated. I don't like the buffer circles on every google product now either.

Magnustampa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
If it is disabled (like on my phone), you have to swipe over to the ALL apps list in the App Manager. It defaults to the Downloaded list.

I am in the same boat, just updated to Lollipop 2 days ago on my Droid Turbo. Hangouts was previously stopped, cleared, and disabled, and appears to show the same in Lollipop, but now I am getting this message again. It seems to happen most often after I unplug earbuds. Ironically, the message about Hangouts stopping is why I disabled it in the first place! I have never used it, nor want to. Man I hope they fix this at some point. Very frustrating. :mad:

Ryan Keith

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
This is thee most annoying thing about my Android Galaxy S6. I love my phone don't get me wrong, but never did I have silly issues like this back when I had my iPhone 4. When I 1st activated the phone, Immediately I disabled & Uninstalled all of which I had no intention of using. In the beginning for what seemed to be a few weeks, everything was fine. Now, I noticed after my latest update, I get this message frequently... & it flat out pisses me off. Not just that, but ALSO, the phone then decided to re-install several apps I had already wiped off.

This is extremely annoying, aggravating, the list goes on. Someone please resolve this. It's like an incurable itch.

Trey Sheppard

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Like someone said before, try going to the apps folder and swiping to DISABLED apps and this is where I found Hangouts. Disable, clear, and UNCHECK notifications. Mine was checked and will see if it stops now. Seems like it should.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a LG G4 on Verizon. I have tried all of the tips and suggestions listed above and none have worked. If anything, as time goes on I get this message more and more (originally once every couple of days, now 2-3 times per day). You would think that a big company like Google, which claims to be a high tech company, would have a programmer or two on their staff who could fix this :)

Discworld

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I got a 1st gen moto x with the same problem. I gave bisadled hangouts (no option to uninstall) clear cache and app data and turned off notifications but still get the ******* message. Why the **** release a software update that ****s up your phone my battery won't even last 10 hours and some times takes 20 hours to charge from 20% when plugged into wall. Good luck charging off pc. Google and Motorola should be held accountable for the ****ed up OS

Vonsky

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Settings->Apps->All or Disabled..
After the update the app has a checkbox to "receive notifications" that you can uncheck once you have cleared the cash etc. You'll see it just above "force stop"

Carl Hightower

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get this until I disabled Hangouts, because I never used it and I've heard it is an app that gets hacked quite often so I disabled it, cleared data/cache, and just force stop. Still get the message...I'm wondering if another app that is open or running is trying to open it or needs it to do something within that other app....any suggestion on what app may need it or is trying to use Hangouts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze