New Sim Doesn't let me access playstore

Fletcher Kim

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
i recently moved to taipei from south korea with a Note 3, south korea SK carrier version. I bought a sim from Far eastone carrier, taipei carrier, n inserted into my phone.. well it didn't ask for the lock sim pin #. However, even though i get a full service and I can surf the web via chrome, I just cannot access play store and other apps like FB, soundcloud, etc. I definitely can access all the apps through wifi but can't just with the new sim card.. From what I read on the internet is that I might be having an APN problem? Well i'm not sure.. please help

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can access any internet location, your APN is set correctly (at least, that portion of it that allows you to access the internet - you could still have the MMS part set incorrectly). Your carrier's DNS server may be poisoned, or they may be blocking certain sites (which is basically deliberately poisoning the server themselves). Or you may have left the APN set for the South Korean provider - which can cause almost any kind of problem. (If so, ask your current carrier for their APN settings. Create a new APN using those settings, then delete the old one [or choose the new one, if you plan on going back to your Korean carrier].)

APN settings are carrier-dependent, not phone-dependent.

Fletcher Kim

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply. It seems like my APN is set correctly?.. judging by the fact that it is set as fetnet.. (i just inserted the sim n reset the APN and this, attachment, came up) What if the problem is really because of DNS.. is there anything I can do to fix this annoying problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-05-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-05-52.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome