Can I actually remove the power from the mother board of my S4, and turn on the phone?

A

AC Question

Can I actually remove the powere swith from the mother board of my S4, and turn on the phone.

I have disassembled my S4 to inspect the power switch and found that it is either not making contact or is always making contact. I have seen several vids on youtube showing how to remove the switch thus allowing the phone to be turned on. B4 I do this, I wanted to see if anyone has actually tried this with success. Also, can the switch be bought at a computer store or does it have to be ordered?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can I actually remove the powere swith from the mother board of my S4, and turn on the phone.

I have successfully replace the power port on a device, which I would assume is very similar to the power button. I will say that it isn't as easy as it looks on YouTube even if you have the same stuff as they do, which I did. As for the parts you could get lucky if you have a fully stocked electronics place near by but chances are you will have to order the stuff you want to get an exact match. Plus you'll probably find it cheaper online minus the wait for delivery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I actually remove the powere swith from the mother board of my S4, and turn on the phone.

The switch can be bought on eBay for a few dollars. Or you can just connect 2 wires where the switch connects and press them together to simulate pressing the power button (since that's all it does).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci