How do I read the replies to my posts? I have one post and it has 2 replies but I cannot find out where to click to read the replies.
    01-25-2015 11:24 AM
    Click on the thread and you should see 4 posts - yours and the three replies (I added something). The link is http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...4-texting.html
    01-25-2015 11:46 AM
    What do you mean click on the thread? I don't see "Thread", I see My Threads but the replies are not there and I did not see the link for an App for the Galaxy Tab 4 for texting
    01-25-2015 12:28 PM
    Maybe I am stupid, but I am still waiting for a reply from Rukbat!!!!
    01-26-2015 11:19 AM
    Maybe I am stupid, but I am still waiting for a reply from Rukbat!!!!
    Rukbat replied to you in this very thread 2 posts above this one.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...ml#post4197804
    01-26-2015 11:52 AM
    I know that, but I have other questions from his post such as, I don't see "thread" and there is no App in his link. Just trying to get some answers.
    01-26-2015 11:57 AM
    I know that, but I have other questions from his post such as, I don't see "thread" and there is no App in his link. Just trying to get some answers.
    How are you viewing the forums? On the full website, mobile site or an app like Android Central app, AC forums or Tapatalk.
    Rukbat provided you a link to your other thread, as did Paul. On an app this appears as a full url address with a line underneath which opens the thread.
    Rukbat's links spell out the subject of the thread in blue on the website.

If you want to address someone you conversed with previously, 'quoting' their last post, like I have done here with yours, both attracts their attention with a quote waiting on their web page, and is a courtesy, though I will forget to quote someone if it's a fast running thread.

Rukbat is a senior Ambassador (in two senses - he won't mind me saying ) and gives several hours each day for others to avail of his half century of knowledge.

You would see on the website Paul is our Moderator Team Leader (God, in other words ).

Regarding your Tab 4 from which you want to send texts, is it a wifi only model? I may not be able to answer that for you.

There is a guide to using the forums right here on this site. I will post a link to it shortly.
    On Edit :
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/int...tart-here.html

01-26-2015 12:49 PM
    "Madd54,I am viewing the forum on my desktop computer, a Dell 8500. Re: the link in Rubkat's post only takes me to my original post with a comment from Rubkat that says "you can send an email to the persons email account". I am aware that most people that respond to questions are very knowledgeable, especially senior people and moderators and in no way was I trying to disparage anyone who responds to this forum and if I did I certainely apologize to all. As I said I was only trying to get some answers to the question. If you and the others want me to remove myself from the forums, I will. Thanks for your response"
    01-26-2015 01:42 PM
    How do I read the replies to my posts? I have one post and it has 2 replies but I cannot find out where to click to read the replies.
    What do you mean click on the thread? I don't see "Thread", I see My Threads but the replies are not there and I did not see the link for an App for the Galaxy Tab 4 for texting
    Not a problem. With little information I was wondering why you could not see replies to your original post. As you may have been navigating the site from the forum thread page and saw 2 replies but did not tap your thread title to open your first thread, Rukbat gave you a link. Granted it doesn't look like a link, and I think some posters write a new title on the link and it still works. Magic of some sort.

There was no link for the texting app as far as I can tell.

Just a whole heap of confusion. I year ago I had never been on a proper forum before and I had really no idea. But then I am getting old and find it fascinating how it works.

(I may edit this if I need to correct myself.)
    ADDED : Rukbat meant if you don't have text ability you can email to your friends phones.
    WhatsApp, Facebook messages, a Verizon app and Hangouts were mentioned by the other poster.
    Just tap the title of the thread in forum thread list view to open your thread.

If you need more help to navigate around just ask. I am the dumbest here, and if I could do it in 6 months.......

The Tapatalk app view:

01-26-2015 01:55 PM
    "Madd54", I do have a lot of respect for all the responders especially the Moderators and senior people on the forums, I am a member of other forums also, I know they do a ton of research on their own time to try to answer many assorted questions, sometimes from people who do not appreciate the time invested by the responders to try to answer their questions and solve their problems. That is sad, however, at this time I don't think I am suited to continue on this forum and wish ALL of you the best. I will be discontinuing my participation on this forum. Thanks for all your efforts.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-26-2015 02:56 PM
    Well, keep it open and pop to the Tab forum and General Help and How To when you need something.
    01-26-2015 03:24 PM
    Thanks
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-26-2015 03:52 PM
    @Madd, thanks for taking the time to work through this with tsmith777.

tsmith777, we hope you continue to visit. Participation? That is entirely up to you and isn't required. As long as your receiving the info you seek when you visit then mission accomplished.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    01-27-2015 12:09 AM