Why isn't my S3 fully turning on?

sannitig

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
S3 not fully turning on

My phone started acting up and shutting down but now it will not turn back on.

This all started happening when I started using my wife's battery. A week after she got her phone it was water damaged (submerged) and we just stuck it in a drawer. My battery has been crap lately and I remembered "oh ya, her battery is basically brand new!!" Popped into my phone and all was good for about a week.

Battery lasted very long but the phone started to shut off and would not turn back on unless I removed the battery, even then I would sometimes have to pull the SD card to get it up again.

Now it just won't turn on. I pulled everything out and place only the battery back (either mine or my wife's, doesn't matter) and all I get is a vibration and a Samsung logo, then off. - Can't even do recovery mode, it will say recovery mode in top left, but still shuts off after 3 seconds anyways

To be honest, when you put the battery back in you don't normally get a vibration and an "automatic turn on", but now I seems to be getting this, very weird... is my phone is broken??

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S3 not fully turning on

Welcome to Android Central! The battery is likely water damaged. Damage doesn't always show up right away. Use a new battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S3 not fully turning on

Do the battery contacts on your phone look clean? Make sure no corrosion has occurred, perhaps related to the battery's water damage.