When taking a video in landscape mode, why does it get flipped back to portrait mode?

A

AC Question

Taking video in landscape mode get's flipped back to potrait...

Hi there,

So I've just got my S5 Active, and I've been messing around with the video. Now, not being a complete moron, I will only film anything by turning my phone sideways so I can film properly. To anyone that films vertically, for the love of god please stop! :)

Anyways, so after I have made a film and go back to review it, the phone only plays it in vertical mode... So when I turn the phone to landscape, the video rotates itself vertical again... What the hell is the deal with this? I have to go into the video trimmer, and rotate the video and re-save it all the time? That can't be... Anyone else have this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Taking video in landscape mode get's flipped back to potrait...

Welcome to Android Central! Not sure if this matters, but is your Auto-Rotate turned off? If so, and if your phone is locked into portrait mode, I wonder if the phone thinks you're taking the video in portrait mode, even though you're holding it in landscape. The video would then be shown sideways.