Has anyone had a bad experience with Prestigio Electronics Smartphones and Tablets?

Al Oakley

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Prestigio Electronics Smartphones and Tablets

Hi Guys,

Ive had a really bad experieince with a company called Prestigio Electronics. I have had a Pap7600 Duo (love the name). It was relatively inexpensive and offered a god spec. Within 4 weeks the screen failed. A local expert said it was unrepairable. My question is, has anyone else had a bad experieince with Prestigio products and service? I returned the phone to their repair centre nearly 3 months ago. They never let me know what was going on and things have excalated to a point where they refuse to take my calls (I have advised them I am having to record them for all the lies they are saying). They have promised a credit and various other things, none of which ever materialise! Ive emailed them 3 times with no reply, they work out who I am on their chat programme and just say that they'll "get back to me". Ive asked for call-backs until ive gone blue and must have spena fortune on 0345/0808 number calls. I'm at my wits end and will have to go to the small claims court to get my money back I think. I'm just appalled at their behaviour. Once I told the supervisor I was recording my calls, he jusy said, "no you cant, now the phones going down". I would greatly appreciate anyone elses feedback on this company. Am i the only one having a hard time? Al

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Prestigio Electronics Smartphones and Tablets

Welcome to Android Central! I haven't dealt with them directly, but I certainly have seen posts on this forum about poor quality devices. The company makes budget devices, and these kinds of devices from smaller or more obscure companies will always be at more risk for hardware or firmware defects, as well as poor to nonexistent support. In the future, stick with companies with better reputations for quality, like LG, Samsung, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, and Toshiba (among others).

Al Oakley

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Prestigio Electronics Smartphones and Tablets

Hi, Thanks for the reply. This is the second device I have had from them. The forst wasnt toobad, but suffered a little with its apps. They didnt work as well as they should have: e.g: Iplayer with no audio. I quikly sold it on but thought after a year they might have improved. The device had battery issues straight off. I emailed them with no reply several times. After the screen failing (in the middle of the post office whilst talking to the claerk and showing her a postage app!) I returned it to thier service centre in the U.K( Ithink, TF3 3BJ at a cost of several pounds postage. They had the item 3 months. I rang them evry now and then but they couldnt decide when it would be repaired. I also called U.K Prestigio who are, and were utterly ignorant to the point of being arrogant. Caught between these two, calling 0845 numbers from a mobile, I tried to email them instead. No reply: Chat, no reply, FB, standard reply: Please ring us. Twitter, no reply. I even went on their Linked in page and wrote about the shoddy service. The post is still there and they dont care presumably otherwise they would have removed it. I was offered a credit note which is unspendable. Its not worth the paper its written on. They have put down the phone on me, advised me they will call me back (they never have, despite their gaurantees and me recording their promises). Prestigio tell youto ring the service centre, and the service centre tell you to call Prestigio. I have spent around £30 in 0845 calls been lied to deceived and ignored. I thought EE was bad until I dealt with this lot. They refused to give me a paypal refund on a technicality (I dont have the handset to return, its still at the service centre, so they refused it). I have been to Watchdog and reported them to You and Yours. Yes, I'm going on a bit, but ive been chasing a credit note for 4 months. They cant explain to me how to spend it. And why should I have a credit note for a shoddy handset that I advised them about within the first few days? The sheer arrogance of this company must be passed on so that others are not tempted to buy from them. I bought my first unit from Argos, but no one in the U.K by the looks of it will touch them now. I had to buy another handset, and this saga has had me delirious. I am still emailing being ignored and not getting anywhere. If anyone else is suffering then I'd like to know. Al

gill5on

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi did you get anywhere with Prestigio, they have had two of my tablets for 5 months now, and I have had all the same problems as you, I get the sme Irish guy at prestigio UK every single time call Leo
I have even phoned limassol I'm getting nowhere can't get my money back can't get my equipment back the repair centre "Electronic Partners" don't even pick the phone up
So then I ring prestigio UK speak to " my old mate Leo" he tells me that there communications system is down, for 5 months ??
Please help me if you can.
Dean