I recently got LG G3. Now the issues is whenever I have a new message from whatsapp the pop up notification flashes on the top of the screen and the entire message is visible by the sender. When I am watching videos or on Facebook or doing something else. Now, i have disabled the notification pop up from the messages settings as well as from whatsapp notifications pop ups. However, it still pops up... I also went to app notifications in settings and disabled the notifications but it doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp but no luck. Please help me...
    01-28-2015 02:54 AM
    I recently got LG G3. Now the issues is whenever I have a new message from whatsapp the pop up notification flashes on the top of the screen and the entire message is visible by the sender. When I am watching videos or on Facebook or doing something else. Now, i have disabled the notification pop up from the messages settings as well as from whatsapp notifications pop ups. However, it still pops up... I also went to app notifications in settings and disabled the notifications but it doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp but no luck. Please help me...
    HI,

This setting has to be disabled though whatsapp settings.

Go through
    Settings > Notifications > Popup Notification > No popup

that's it.

Thanks,
    Apa'
    01-28-2015 05:27 AM
    This is what I have also done. But it doesn't work
    01-28-2015 05:37 AM
    I figured out what the solution to this is... Setings>>>Call>>>Uncheck... Uncheck voice call pop-up...
    01-28-2015 05:50 AM
    Hi. Exactly what you write is extremly getting on my nervs. However,
    >> settings >> Calls&chats >>???... I do mot have >> Unchecked ???
    Can some pls explain what to do to get rid of this addditional popup?
    09-23-2015 07:30 PM
    Hi guys. I had the same issue with whats app. If you set your settings in whats app to no pop up it still doesnt stop those annoying pop ups. you also have to change notification to silent and vibrate off. If you do all 3 it doesn't pop up only an icon appears in task bar and indicator light blinks. Hope this helps 😉
    10-28-2015 05:12 PM
    Beloved dears:

I too suffer from this design sabotage in my Lollipoop device. This is how I had set up my notification preferences looong ago, to no avail:

Why do I keep getting a  Whatsapp pop up notification on my LG G3 D855 even though I disabled it?-screenshot_2016-01-12-20-21-44.png

Lollipop notification policies are such an unbelievably pile of goddamned arseshyte, I have to admit that, at times, I wish, I REALLY REALLY REAAAALLY WISH the culprits of it would be so arseholely kicked on the arse so awesomely hard that, by the next millenium, they would be yet to land, in a blackhole in a far far away galaxy…
    Take care.

Cheers
    01-12-2016 02:51 PM
    I totally agree with the previous comment, which i can t see anymore btw. If you choose" "no pop ups" on whatsapp, you get ALWAYS pop ups. If you choose only on lock screen, you get them only on lock screen, which is less bad, but that doesn t work for me either. It means my screen goes on whenever i get a message and displays the message to whoever can see my screen at that moment. It also allows my pocket to send accidental replies. Really bad option. I want NO POPUPS and cannot find a solution to this ANYWHERE. in phone settings, app notifications, i can only allow or block ALL whatsapp notifications, but cannot block or control ONLY the pop-up notifications. It shouldn t be that complicated. This shouldn t need forum threads. And yet here i am. Any solution thtat actually works, anyone??? Any suggestions are welcome!!! Thanks!
    D
    01-03-2017 02:49 PM